To do a body scrub, follow these steps:
1. Gather the Necessary Ingredients and Equipment
– Sugar, salt, or other exfoliating agent
– Oil, such as coconut oil or sweet almond oil
– Essential oils or fragrances for scent
– Colorants or natural additives, such as dried herbs or coffee grounds
– Mixing bowl and spoon
– Container or jar for storage
2. Choose the exfoliating agent for your scrub. Sugar and salt are common choices, but you can also use things like coffee grounds or oats. Decide on the coarseness of the exfoliant based on the desired level of exfoliation.
3. Measure out the exfoliating agent and add it to the mixing bowl. For a standard body scrub, a ratio of 1:1 exfoliant to oil is a good starting point, but you can adjust this to your preference.
4. Add the oil to the mixing bowl and stir until the exfoliant is evenly coated.
5. If using essential oils or fragrances, add a few drops to the mixture and stir well.
6. If using colorants or natural additives, add them to the mixture and stir until evenly distributed.
7. Transfer the scrub to a container or jar and close the lid tightly.
8. Label the container with the ingredients and the date it was made.
9. Store the body scrub in a cool, dry place and use it within a few months for best results.
Here’s a video of how to make a DIY Body scrub!